Our Accelerator is an innovative, hands-on 2-day boot camp that will transform how senior leaders and board members work, and help them align their business models and fundraising strategies with their ability to deliver their mission and impact. The program is built around the belief that staff and board leaders aligned in common purpose can transform social sector organizations. Therefore, the workshop is designed so that the Executive Director and a Board member (preferable the Board Chair) would attend together (but it is not a requirement).
We expect to see a wide range of benefits for participants. Specific learning objectives include:
- Better understanding of the unconscious and cultural beliefs that undermine impact;
- Better decision-making based on increased awareness of programmatic and business needs;
- Enhanced ability to communicate financial story/case for support to funders and stakeholders;
- Increased ability to engage board members to increase board capacity and effectiveness; and
- Strategies and techniques that increases the ability of board members to support a culture of sustainability and impact.
Think Money First! is designed to incorporate multiple learning formats, allowing for greater interaction and feedback from participants and in-depth exploration of organizational challenges. All of our sessions are highly engaging and feature real world case studies and examples; hands-on, interactive exercises; group activities; and peer learning. In addition, participants are provided exercises, tools and resources they can take back to their organization.